openHPI-Kurs über „Introduction to Bayesian Data Analysis“
Bayesian data analysis is increasingly becoming the tool of choice for many data-analysis problems.
This free course on Bayesian data analysis will teach you basic ideas about random variables and probability distributions, Bayes‘ rule, and its application in simple data analysis problems. You will learn to use the R package brms (which is a front-end for the probabilistic programming language Stan). The focus will be on regression modeling, culminating in a brief introduction to hierarchical models (otherwise known as mixed or multilevel models).
This course is appropriate for anyone familiar with the programming language R and for anyone who has done some frequentist data analysis (e.g., linear modeling and/or linear mixed modeling) in the past.
- Wann: 25. Januar 2023 – 13. März 2023
- Sprecher: Prof. Dr. Shravan Vasishth, Dr. Anna Laurinavichyute
- Kurssprache: English
- Kontext: Advanced, Beginner, Big Data and AI
- Link: https://open.hpi.de/courses/bayesian-statistics2023
- 3,686 enrollments in total
- 2,178 persons followed the course until the end
- 397 participants (18%) earned Records of Achievement
- 797 participants (36%) got Confirmations of Participation